Friday, July 17, 2015

Fresh Starts

You know, the hardest part about trying to sit down in front of a keyboard and begin typing anything, I don't care what you're trying to put down, is actually getting the first words to start appearing on the screen.  It doesn't matter how long I've been writing, that very first step each and every time never seems to get any easier.

That being said, it would appear that your old buddy The Cynical Sarcastic is back up and running boys and girls.  I've taken an inordinate amount of time off from the blog; well to be perfectly honest it's been over a year since I really had anything of worth to say and I think that's probably where I've fallen off.  Some things have changed for me recently as it applies to all things creative and for some glorious reason the cork seems to have come undone and it would appear that it's time to get back to doing what I do at least reasonably well.

For those of you that are just finding this blog for the first time or just coming back since you've heard I've reappeared, allow me to take a few minutes to front load a bit of introduction / ceremonial fluff.  My name is Brian Pittman.  I'm the author of a pair of self-published books and I've run this blog for the better part of three years now, albeit mostly neglectfully for the past 15 months.  I do have a day job in sales and I'm also a panel member on The Y Factor every Thursday night on WTKF 107.1 here in Morehead City, N.C.

Over time this blog has evolved a bit.  It began as a way for me to rant and rave about any and everything that annoyed or irritated me for whatever reason, sometimes to gloriously colorful excess.  As things moved along I found myself becoming more and more interested in the political arenas in our country as well as discovered that there were a few people out there willing to engage in conversation and interested in what it was like to be an author working through the publishing process and such.  

While the past was great, as of today I'd like to take a bit of a fresh start here on the CS.  I'm going to continue to discuss politics and current events, but I'm also going to temper that with a bit more of life in general and a lot more of the trials and tribulations of an active scribbler.  One thing I can promise is that there will be a little more of a leash on my mouth than there was in the past.  While I can't promise everything I produce for your consumption will be completely suitable for work, I will do the best I can to keep the sailor mouth in check most of the time.

Oh fuck it, who am I kidding?  I'll try to keep it more professional folks but I honestly can't say I won't abuse the language a tad when we get into topics that I actually care about.

You know, now that I've got those aforementioned words flowing again... damn I missed this.  Catch you in a bit boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment