Thursday, July 24, 2014

Back to Scribbling

Hey kids.  I know the posting count has been a little thin for the last couple of months.  For all of my best intentions, life sometimes has a way of pushing the focus into a certain few areas whether I want it to or not.  For the handful of you still out there waiting for this next post, thanks for sticking with me while I got myself sorted through some of the more interesting stuff.  Now please do me a favor and let the other five people know that I'm back at it!

So with that being said, there is actually a silver lining to this mini-moratorium I've had to place the blog on.  The thing is that I've had some time to really analyze where I've been with this space, what's been tried and worked and failed miserably, and most importantly where things need to go moving forward.

When I started this blog several years ago I used it primarily as a place to vent my frustrations and rant and rave against the various crap in life that pissed me off.  I'm not sure if it's a combination of age, experience, or even heaven forbid maturing as a scribbler but I've reached the point where I feel like there is more here that can be done.  

I've been involved for nearly the past year with The Y Factor on The Talk Station, 107.1 FM here in Morehead City.  Should the truth be told, I've been spending a lot of time researching and prepping for that weekly on air debate / argument / whatever it may turn into that week.  The interesting thing I've learned in that time is that there are a lot of things wrong in our country. The fact is that it turns out that fewer and fewer people are actually talking about what's wrong and more and more are just accepting the status quo and whatever the yacking heads in the media are parroting to them.  It's a sad situation but it's true.

Which brings me to my point and hopefully my new purpose here in this space.  Going forward I'm going to focus The Cynical Sarcastic more toward things in our nation that need some attention drawn to them.  Whether it's politics or some wayward social issue, I'm going to try my damnedest to try to shine a bit of a light into some corners you may not be paying attention to and hopefully a few of us along the way might get a few other folks out there thinking a bit.  I can only guarantee two things: even though I'm going to try to tame my tongue a bit, my opinion is still going to come shining through and I promise I haven't joined the tinfoil hat squad. Simply put there's just a lot going on in our little world and most of us just don't pay that much attention!

Well, here we go.  Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment