Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What Happened?


Kids, I've got a little something to share with you all this morning.

I've noticed something about myself lately and it is really bothering me.

As with everything else these days, apparently the best place to discuss anything is on the almighty Internet.

So here goes...

I HAVE BECOME AN ANGRY PERSON
AND I DON'T LIKE IT.

I didn't used to be this way.  

Even when I first started this blog and used to rant and rave about the things in this world that pissed me off regularly, I still wasn't angry by nature.

As with everything else that goes katywompus in my life, I've over-analyzed the hell out of this until I finally came to a conclusion.

I AM ANGRY DUE TO FRUSTRATION.

I'M FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I DON'T RECOGNIZE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN ANYMORE.  THE VERY FABRIC OF OUR COUNTRY HAS CHANGED AWAY FROM ITS FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES.

AND IT'S ALL HAPPENING TO THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE.

I'm beginning to wonder what it's going to take to get some people in this world to wake up.

I'm also beginning to wonder if they even can anymore.

THE ONE THING I CAN TAKE COMFORT IN IS THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE FEELING THIS WAY.  THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE JUST AS SICK OF THE NEW STATUS QUO AS I AM.

Well dammit, at least there's something I can do about it...

It's time to take the gloves off and get serious again kids.
There are things that need to be said, both just because and for my own sanity.
It's time to get back to calling it as it is and not just saving it for the radio.


Welcome Back to The Cynical Sarcastic.
Let's get the conversation rolling again.
thecynicalsarcastic@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to your writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. "THE VERY FABRIC OF OUR COUNTRY HAS CHANGED AWAY FROM ITS FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES."

    That statement applies to, literally, any time frame since the country was founded.

    Things change. Such is the nature of time in a community such as this. Things CANNOT stay the same.

    Sorry that you liked it the way that it was, but the way that it IS is the way that people want it to be. You won't be here forever. You don't get to dictate all past, present, and future endeavors based on what you think is right.

    I'm very sorry, but this is the rallying cry of the outdated and old!

    I'm commenting as anonymous because I don't have any of these associated accounts, but I'm willing to wager that you know exactly who this is ;)

    ReplyDelete